We want to share with you a few tips to help you have a successful training date.
- Please bring a sweater or wrap because room temperatures may fluctuate.
- Unfortunately, state law does not allow the State Personnel Department to furnish food during the training breaks.
Vending machines, however, are located near the training room area in each training location. Please bring appropriate change for
vending food and drinks.
- Lunch is on your own and is approximately one hour. Information regarding the availability of cafeterias and
restaurants at other training locations will be available at the training site.
- Registration starts 30 minutes prior to actual class time. Please arrive in plenty of time to sign in and find seating.
- Please bring writing utensils (pens/pencils) and writing pad. Handouts and manuals will be provided.
- Participants must be present for the entire scheduled class time to receive certificate and credit for attendance.
You cannot leave early or return late from lunch, arrive late due to other meetings, or depart early in the afternoon. Attendance of
all class hours is mandatory for certification of class and verification of attendance within SPD records.
- Cell phones should be turned off or muted.
- Let your training contact know if you are unable to attend class because substitutes are to be sent in your place.
We may have waiting lists for the class in which you are registered. If notified in time, we may be able to fill your vacancy.
There are several areas available for free parking. Please see this map for directions.
You can contact Training at (334)242-3494 and
Email the State Personnel Training Manager.