Applicants must submit an official transcript for each accredited postsecondary academic institution attended.
Original transcripts issued to students will be accepted.
Photocopies of transcripts and faxed transcripts will be accepted.
Information obtained from the internet will not be accepted.
Original documents issued to students or photocopies should be hand delivered or mailed to:
300 Folsom Administrative Building
64 North Union Street
Montgomery, Alabama 36130-4100
Official transcripts which have been submitted for any state job after January 2, 2012, will remain on file in our system and will not need to be resubmitted.
Specific college coursework required for a job, as well as Bachelor’s, graduate, post graduate, and doctoral degrees will be accepted from the schools accredited by any of the six regional accreditation associations
in the United States. These associations are listed below.
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE)
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges – Senior College and University Commission (WASC-SCUC)
Coursework or degrees from schools that have not been accredited by one of the above listed regional accreditation associations may be accepted if a regionally accredited school* considers the coursework or degree to be an acceptable
prerequisite for admission to an advanced degree program. For example, if a regionally accredited school accepts an applicant’s bachelor’s degree for admittance into a graduate degree program, State Personnel will accept
the degree. In the case of required college coursework (but no degree requirement), State Personnel will accept the college coursework if a regionally accredited school accepts the coursework towards a post-secondary
degree (e.g., a bachelor’s degree). This must be documented by a letter of acceptance from the regionally accredited school. State Personnel will review such requests on a case-by-case basis.
Note: This policy is subject to change. Certain state agencies may have additional requirements.
* The term "regionally accredited school" refers to an institution of higher education accredited by one of the above listed accreditation associations.